Translate

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Your Street

2013

To the one and only Sharie...

I remember King Street, age 15
My new home
I remember the payphone...
the black, cold and heartless handle
that I buried in its bracket
when Mother cursed and confirmed
my new residence

But your street, my love,
is a darker place
than that cocaine jungle
full of fun-houses and faggots
and cold nights
and cops cars
I'd ask them to arrest me
that I may defrost in a heated room
and find retreat
from the rats that gnawed at my feet
I once promised them a rock through the window of
Canada Trust
if I must

Your street holds no room
for even a cell
in which to survive another night

I always promised myself
that I'd find the morning
if I walked far enough
that there would be Manna
spread out on a dewy lawn
I grew cat's eyes
overnight


Your street, my love,
 holds no such hope for me
Your street is a maze
drawn up in darkness
maintained by misery
and I, in a corner now
as you close in at last
Though I must remind you
that surely my bones
will not be enough
to line your crooked path
to pave your perfect plan
You will need to find another
when I am gone

3 comments:

  1. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe
    guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I
    look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!



    Feel free to visit my weblog - Snow Boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you for reading! I will check out your blog for sure! As for your proposition..very interested. Please email me at jsimsygs@gmail.com and we can talkm thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not resist commenting. Well written!

    my homepage - children books ()

    ReplyDelete